Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Blog Response

On Wednesday (5/27/09), me and my science class did a lab on on isostasy. In my opinion i think the lab is basically on how much weight can water hold before the object in it sinks and how far under it sinks. The materials we used in the lab are :

  • Two wooden blocks (one smaller, and one larger)
  • A small bin filled with water
  • Water (fill the bin half full)
  • 20 pennies.

First we filled the bin half full with water. Next put the smallest wooden block in the water. After that put three pennies on the wooden block. Then measure how far down the block goes under water.Next take the objects out and put in the Bigger wooden block in the water. Shortly after that put the smaller wooden block and all the pennies on the blocks then measure how far down the blocks and pennies and go under water.

My personal reflection on this lab :

I personally did like this lab but not as much as the other one though. The reason for that is this just doesnt seem that fun and exciting, i asy its not as exciting because there really nothing interesting in this lab. But dont get me wrong this lab was alright , just not as fun as the plastiscity lab.

No comments: